Having a stable roof is crucial when it comes to protecting a home. Unfortunately, though, your roof can suffer damages after being exposed to a number of threatening elements such as weather, time, and nature. If you’ve found your roof to be damaged, you should get it fixed as soon as possible to help prevent further damage. The question is, do you need roof repair or replacement? Here’s a checklist to help you decide.
You might need roof repair if:
- Your roof is still relatively new.
- The damages are fairly moderate, such as small leaks, missing shingles, or occasional corroding.
- The material of your roof is easy to acquire and install, such as asphalt shingles.
- Your insurance has some sort of coverage for roof damage repairs.
Overall, roof repair is often easier and more affordable than replacing your roof, but it’s not always the best solution.
You might need roof replacement if:
- Your roof is getting old and on its way out.
- You want to improve the overall curb appeal of your home.
- You are experiencing frequent problems with your roof.
- The material of your roof is more difficult to find and/or match shingles.
Overall, roof replacement is a much bigger project, but it can be well worth it in the end, especially if your roof is already old.
Don’t stress too much about what to do with your roof. You can give us a call here at Ladder Labor today for more information about roof repair and replacement.